Suddenly I thought about this serial "Ek Se Badkar Ek" (with Satish Shah). It used to come in DD looooong long ago (when I was in 8th or 9th may be!). I tried to google it up and there was no information about this serial, but I read about this guy who had blogged about the same serial. He and his friends got together and thought about things they watched long ago. He basically had my whole list - junoon, super hit muqabla, chitrahaar, oliyum oliyum etc.
He also blogged about his favorite toffee - I had forgotten about most of them - parry eclairs, caramel, kismi, Mr.Pop etc.
He really took me back to those years...
Life was so simple back then. I didn't have to fend for myself. Just go to school, play in the evening, watch a little TV in the evening, do home work and study for exams. What did I have to complain about?
I didn't have to worry about having breakfast/lunch/dinner cooked for the family. I was not responsible for anything!!! That age seems to look like heaven. I am sure 99 % of the people will go back to their school years given a chance. Why didn't God create us so we would all be like Benjamin Button? Have the best years in the end.
Sometimes, I wonder if this is all worth it. I feel like leaving everything and settle down in a village in India. Do agriculture, grow my own food.. After all, we really need just 3 things - clothes, a roof over our head and food.
In the name of civilization, man started to make things complicated. Oh well.. if not for that, I wouldn't be typing right now!
Even a few centuries ago, life was not bad. People were mostly content - cook simple food, go to temple everyday, etc. Till today, when I step inside Kapaleeshwar temple in Mylapore, I wonder at its magnificence. People in this age with all their fancy machinery will still not be able to build any thing to match it.
Oh well... I can keep dreaming about all this the whole day. Hopefully when we can retire, we can have our own grove. Till then - type away......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment