We finally had all the dance performances. It was great. I felt a heavy burden lifted off of me.
The first was in the Austin Hindu temple mela with the dance troupe "AGNI - the dance company". We were supposed to have danced around 6.30. But we ended up being on stage around 8.00 PM. By then all the dancers were getting restless. so were the audience. Finally we got onstage.
Prakash and co danced for the remix version of "Pardah hain Pardah". Then we did the 'Taal instrumental piece" and the Guru Stothram fusion song. The final one was the "Dol Dol" piece from Yuva.
Next, we danced in Jhalak 2008 -a competition held in UT by the Indian Cultural Association.
That went ok too.
Here is ours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNznTh7OkI
I danced for the taal piece which is just around 2 minutes and 5 seconds into the video.
Our next performance was in the Diwali function held by the Austin Tamil Sangam.
That was just our crowd. It was fun. Lot of cheering and whistling!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XHq2RqlEg
No more performances for some time. I am really tired of practicing. I have lost a lot of pounds considering I didn't have much to start with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment