Friday, March 27, 2009
Earth hour and Hot tea
Tomorrow (March 28th) is Earth Hour from 8.30 to 9.30 PM. Please switch off all your lights at home/office to show our support to global warming.
You can read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Hour
I just read in the news that drinking hot tea raises the chances of esophageal cancer. (Tea itself doesn't give cancer. It is god for health.) Just drink it warm or better yet... cold.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPreventionAndTreatment/story?id=7182731&page=1
So all these years, our parents shouldn't have yelled at us for not drinking our milk/tea/coffee as soon as they give it to us.
Parents, now do you realize why we drink "aari avalana' coffee? See kids are not always dumb. We just had sixth sense about it!
We ended up getting more hail this morning. I am at work and my car is at home. Will find out only in the evening if there is any damage to our cars. March and April are the worst months in Texas - Hail storms, Very heavy rains and ofcourse the famous tornadoes. I think tornadoes are the scariest. Other than these 2 months, the weather is pretty non-dangerous (if tats even a word) over the other months. Comign from Madras, Texas weather is like heaven. Summers are hot, but I can manage.
Finally, the weekend is here.
Happy weekened everybody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment