Half of last year, I was preparing for the GMAT. I wanted to do my part time MBA. Around september/october of last year, I realized that part time MBA would be very expensive and totally inflexible. At the same time, my hubby was preparing for his GMAT too. I did a U turn. I checked out other degrees offered at UT Austin and realized that MS in Statistics was not a bad choice. I can study this course part time while still keeping my full time job,can take just one course per semester and can take a break if I get pregnant in the next couple of years.
Around November, I decided I will prepare for my GRE. I had always hated that exam. So many words to read. My husband was the one who told me about high frequency words. I got a couple of high freq word lists from the web and started studying. I got 2 word lists online. One from Happy Schools Blog and the other from somebody's blog. Through out the christmas break, I just studied the words when ever I could. I did spend a few hours on the Barrons and ETS GRE book for Quants. I still need to spend a few more hours on that.
I just finished the 515 words (Combined Barrons and Kaplan high freq word list) yesterday. I also just finished making flash cards for these high freq words.For the next one week, its going to be revision of these words.
I also took one GRE prep exam last night. I thought I did horrible in Quants and ended up with 790 on that. I just made 430 in Verbal. Got lots of Verbal studying to do. I am not aiming for a very high score. Just a decent Vbl score of 500+. I think I can get 700+ in Quants. That should put me in the 1200+ range.
I wish I had known about these high freq word list when I was preparing for my GRE the first time. I am sure I could have scored more. Instead, I tried to read the 3000 words from Barrons and never got to 'Z'!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment