Michael Jackson passed away yesterday. I am sad. I feel like the world has lost an amazing artist. I am not a crazy fan, but like billions of people around this world, I grew up when MJ was in his peak.
Back then, my cousins had MJ's music cassettes and I loved it. I had never seen his videos till early nineties when MTV and VTV got famous. ( I know.. very late)
I remember being mind blown by seeing his thriller and beat it videos. I think MTV cashing in on MJ. They just kept showing his videos over and over again. As any other kid, I was amazed by his 'moon walk'.
Over the recent years, I know he has been caught in a lot of legal issue. May be he was a perp. He did not seem like the best of human being, but there is no denying he was one of the best entertainers ever.
It is very sad to have gone through what he had to go through. He was on limelight since he was 5. His father brutally abused him and his brothers to perform. in an interview to Oprah, he said his father used to beat them with his belt if the kids did even a small mistake. He had no childhood. I am sure that screwed him up. The kid whom everybody wanted to be - just wanted freedom. He didn't get it till he was in his 20s. Once he got free, he still just wanted to be a child. Its very sad to read about his initial years of life.
Well, where ever you are, Rest In Peace MJ. There are still a lot of loyal fans (for your music).
Dance for the angels and gods now. Do the moon dance in the real moon.
There never will be another entertainer like you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment